Several decades ago, the United States military created an aircraft that was a hybrid of a helicopter and a stealth fighter, and called the “Comanche.” Bearing the fierce name of the Native American tribe, the RAH-66 Comanche was the world’s first stealth helicopter, designed to infiltrate, engage, and exfiltrate with swiftness and lethality. Regrettably, due to a variety of budgetary concerns, as well as the rise of UAV, the RAH-66 program was canceled after 8 years of testing and a $7 billion investment. This did not stop PC developer and publisher Novalogic from creating 9 video games based on the helicopter. Now, after an absence of 15 years, THQ Nordic has gotten together with NUKKLEAR Games in Germany to bring back the legendary franchise for a new generation of players in the form of Comanche, the tenth installment of the long-running PC franchise. THQ Nordic announced that the game is making a return, bringing forth the latest presentation, and brand new asymmetrical warfare.
With the shootdown of the U.S Air Forces’ RQ-170 Sentinel over Iranian airspace, the Comanche has been brought back to the front lines and onto a new battlefield that factors in UAV and cyber warfare. Comanche is an asymmetrical multiplayer online shooter, where players will be piloting the classic aircraft, while also engaging a combination of enemy choppers and UAV’s. The UAV’s are tied to the Comanche pilots, meaning that the combat experience will not simply involve guns and missiles but how well players fly, as well as use their UAV’s. With a combination of new multiplayer mechanics and classic gameplay, Comanche is looking to pass the torch from the grizzled PC pilots of 1992 to the modern PC pilots of today. Evolve PR has released the first details of Comanche and its return.
Comanche is a team-based online multiplayer helicopter shooter set in the near future, in which you engage with your team of 4 pilots in intense helicopter dogfights and sneaky close-quarter drone combat to attack or defend high-value targets in areas of difficult access. Choose from an array of Comanche and drone configurations, and utilize their strengths to your tactical advantage. By combining the old strengths with a modern multiplayer online shooter gameplay, we bring this franchise into the 21st century.
- Two in one: Control a technically advanced version of the legendary RAH-66 Comanche helicopter in heated dogfights, and step into its accompanying drone for close-quarter combat.
- Many strategic opportunities: Pick one of many Comanche/Drone combinations armed with varied weapons and unique gadgets that compliments your playing style.
- Objective-based multiplayer: Every mission has its own goal – play as a team, to achieve victory.
- Asymmetrical gameplay: Be either on the attacking or the defending side.
- Breachable buildings: Use destructible elements in your environment to catch your opponents off-guard.
- Early access for the players: Comanche will launch in early access to allow the community to participate in the game’s development with their feedback.
- Constant content updates: To expand, modify and improve the game THQ Nordic and Nukklear will continuously provide new exciting content for Comanche and react
Comanche is set for launch in 2020, with the studio inviting players to sign up for Steam Early Access and contribute their thoughts and feedback to the evolution of Comanche.
29, Stockton University alumni. Brookdale Community College alumni.
I am a Jedi Trained Warrior turned intergalactic mercenary hailing from the radioactive shores of New Jersey, home of the Pork Roll Egg & Cheese. Dedicated to our troops, my friends, and Stack Up. My missions: To mend & defend, as well as play games to support our veterans.
Riding the light cycle highways of PlayStation. PSN ID: Vectorman88